Thursday, August 20, 2009

New York, New York

Visiting New York City between Thanksgiving and Christmas is one of my favorite things to do for the holidays. When I lived in New Jersey, there were opportunities to go in to the city all the time. But, having moved to Florida 21 years ago, I missed - not New Jersey, but the city. What can I say, "I Love NY".

I've gone back to visit NYC almost every year, twice a year, for the last 20 years. The trips usually contain certain elements such as: seeing my college roommate Maureen, going to a play in the city, seeing the Christmas tree and the ice skaters, and other must see landmarks. To me, there's nothing better than being in the hustle and bustle of the city during that time of year. Going shopping, eating at a great restaurant, and just enjoying the city.

I came across these pictures on, yet another, hot Florida day and figured I'd cool things off with this post. This particular trip was a great one! Maureen and I had tickets to see the play "9" with John Stamos. Little did we know that a blizzard would hit that morning and by the time we got into the city on the train, everyone else was trying to escape back out to Long Island and over to New Jersey! After all, before the sun went down it was only 26 degrees and they were expecting almost a foot of snow. It was truly memorable experience with the snow falling and the cold city air on our faces as we went from place to place. Seriously Good Times!






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment